Author Interview: Kristina Springer

Friday, November 27, 2009 |

I have Kristina Springer here on The Bookologist with us today! She is author The Espressologist which came out from FSG on Oct.

I love the idea for The Espressologist, how did you come up with it?
I'm a super big coffee freak so I like to go to coffee shops a lot. Like my main character Jane, one day I was people watching and I realized I could kind of tell what drinks people were going to order. I thought I'd write a book full of drink types and definitions and call it Espressology. Then when I started to write it it hit me that I should make it fiction and have a barista practicing Espressology and hooking people up.

What is your favorite hot drink?
Right now it's a Pumpkin Spice Latte. But my regular favorite drink is an iced nonfat mocha with no whip.

How are you and Jane alike? How are you different?
We have the same favorite drink so there are some similarities. :-) But Jane is much cooler and funnier than me.

The cover for The Espressologist is very eye-catching, what do you think of it?
I love it!

Do you have any must-have's while writing?
Coffee. You probably guessed that though.

If you were brought to a deserted island, which 3 books would you bring with you?
Good question! I'm totally not a re-reader so I'd probably grab Meg Cabot, Lauren Myracle, and Sophie Kinsella's newest releases.

What is the best piece of advice for young writers?
Don't give up! You have to be reeeeealy persistent and stick to it and always believe in yourself.

Lastly, is there anything else you'd like to add?
Thanks for having me! And stop by my blog and enter my contest to win a bunch of cool stuff-- http://kspringer.livejournal.com/27364.html Contest ends 11/27.

Thank you Kristina! Be sure to check out her website!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi :)
Thank you for the fun & informative interview with Kristina Springer & thank you to Kristina for sharing. I enjoyed learning more about her and her writing.
All the best,
RKCharron

brizmus said...

ooh! A pumpkin spice latte. SOunds utterly delish!! :-)
Thanks for the fun interview!

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home