Gen X by Tisha Kulak-Tolar

Friday, November 6, 2009 |

Title: Gen X
Author: Tisha Kulak-Tolar
Publisher: Self published, through lulu.com
Pages: 208

Genenieve Xavier has an immense heart, colossal dreams, and maybe wants to be just a tiny bit famous. But that's only half of her story. Raised in rural Pennsylvania, Gen is a 22-year-old college graduate pursuing a career behind the scenes in the entertainment industry. She is determined to do better than a nine-to-five gig in a blue-collar town. She is intent on making it somewhere to be somebody; though she hasn't quite got it all figured out. But soon after graduation, her life takes a turn for the best. Her career takes off overnight and she is finally headed to California to manage her best friend new found career in comedy. That is until Leila, a sexy but callous talent agent, enters the picture and nearly destroys Gen's life. Genevieve grapples to keep her dreams alive and her head on straight. The help of one guy, an unexpected, and damn fine, acquaintance, may provide the inspiration she needs to turn it all around and take back what is hers. That is, if she wants what she once had.

Gen X was a refreshing debut novel full of unforgettable surprises and humorous writing. It had a great balance of romance and drama. Tisha wrote in a realistic tone which didn't make the romance cheesy.

I was intrigued by the first page and was quickly engulfed in Gen's life. Her character was my favorite because she was real, sarcastic and her life was nothing but boring. Tisha also did a great job bringing Gen's turbulent experiences to life which moved me emotionally. Their were times where I was laughing and then frowning.

In Gen X, there was never a dull moment in this book and I really hope I get to continue Gen's next step in a second book? The ending left me thinking that their just might be a sequel, so we'll see! The only negative thing about this novel was the sexual content, I'm not really a big fan of that, but it was done tastefully.

Overall Gen X, is a wonderful book. I loved Gen, and the plot line was something new. I do recommend this book but not to young readers.

Cover: Photobucket

Ending: Photobucket

Writing: Photobucket

Overall: Photobucket

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi :)
Thank you for the great review and interview and bringing Tisha Kulak-Tolar to my attention. Thanks to Tisha for sharing. I enjoyed learning about her and her writing.
Thank you again,
All the best,
RKCharron
xoxo

Holly said...

Participate in the two-part book challenge at Good Golly Miss Holly: http://goodgollymisshollybooks.blogspot.com/2009/11/big-book-list-challenge.html

Unknown said...

Looks like a cool book, I love reading new authors so I will check this one out...thanks for the awesome review!

Unknown said...

Sounds good. Thanks for introducing me to something new!

in which a girl reads said...

Great Review :) I'll have to look into this book!

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home