Author Interview: Melissa Walker

Tuesday, December 1, 2009 |

I have Melissa Walker here with us today! She is author of the "Violet" series. With her very busy schedule she was able to do a mini-interview with me! =)

Books:

Violet on the RunwayViolet by DesignViolet in PrivateLovestruck Summer




Can you tell as a bit about you?
Sure. I'm a gemini, I grew up in Chapel Hill, NC, I love iced coffee and yoga, and I watch too much TV.

What inspired you to write Violet in the Runway, Violet by design, and Violet in Private? Why with "Violet?"
I was working as an editor at ELLEgirl, and I often interviewed models. I got really intrigued by their world. And I just loved the name Violet!

Did you always know you were going to become an author?
I always knew I loved writing, and first I worked for my high school yearbook and college newspaper. Then I transitioned into magazine editing for my career. I never knew I'd write a book, but I love doing it now!

What are some of your strengths and weaknesses in writing?
I love finishing a book. I hate starting!

What's your favorite TV show?
I have a ton but right now I love: Oprah, Mad Men, Gilmore Girls, My So-Called Life, Arrested Development and Hoarders.

What are you most afraid of?
Being disliked. Silly, I know, but I really want everyone to like me.

List 5-10 of your favorite things, it doesn't need to be in any order
salt & vinegar chips, old family photos, mix tapes, carolina basketball, people who play guitar, and gossip

Lastly, what's the best advice for those young aspiring writers out there?
I wrote a piece about this for Seventeen. Here is is:

http://www.seventeen.com/fun-stuff/17-buzz/violet-buzz-092407

Thanks Melissa! Be sure to enter my SWAGtastic post for some awesome bookmarks! =)

3 comments:

Cleverly Inked said...

I have not read any of her books. After reading her interview she seems so natural and down to earth I am going to have to check her books out. THANKS

brizmus said...

Thanks for a fun interview - I also haven't read any of her books, but I'm definitely interested. :-)
So cool she worked at Ellegirl.
I also hate starting a book!

Adeeva Afsheen said...

Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Makanan Sehat Yang Mampu Mencegah Datangnya Penyakit Kanker
Awas Polusi Udara Bisa Sebabkan Anak Asma
Cara Mengatasi Masalah Ejakulasi Dini
Penyakit Pada Organ Vagina Bisa Disebabkan Virus Dan Bakteri
Beberapa Lurah Cantik Yang Ada Di Indonesia
Obat Infeksi Jantung Yang Paling Aman
Obat Herbal Penghancur Lemak Dalam Darah
Makanan Sehat Penderita Batu Empedu
Tips Alami Untuk Membersihkan Kuman Akibat Penyakit
Waspada Meningitis Bakteri Yang Menyerang Bayi

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home