Happy (almost) New Year!
Every new year, I have a very long list of new year resolutions (encyclopedia: a commitment that an individual makes to a project or the reforming of a habit, often a lifestyle change that is generally interpreted as advantageous). I have two separate lists; blogging resolutions and life? resolutions. I don't know what to call the second list because it's basically anything that isn't blogger-related, you get it? It's a new year, so, I'm taking a big jump to a fresh start. I have many habits of mine that I really want to change and I also have many goals that I'd like to achieve.
- Reply to emails quicker: Obviously, I SUCK at this. Seriously, I do. I have emails ever since October (one email even since May) that I still haven't responded to. Bad, bad habit!
- Comment on other blogs more often: Another big goal for this year. I don't comment often at all at blogs anymore, just really rarely, which is bad. But, I promise, this will change for 2011!
- Post (almost) daily: School kills me. And since I'm moving a grade up, things will be more hectic but I will try my best. I always have a phase where I stop posting for 2 months, which is not good!
- Be more organized with blog tours: I am not too unorganized but I remember having two bump down a couple of blog tour dates due to me not reading the book on time or not having a review by then. This should not happen!
- Start giving blog advice on the blog: I think it's already okay if I start giving blog advise because I've been blogging for almost a year and a half. I'll probably make up a meme and give advice on there. What do you think?
- Stop procrastinating: I always do this! When it comes to scheduling posts, writing reviews, thinking of author questions, emailing, etc... Basically everything that is needed to be done, procrastinate, procrastinate!
- Send packages on time: This may not be obvious, but, I always send packages late. I remember sending one two months late... but regularly, 2 weeks or so. Oops.
- Review more books: I read but, when it comes to writing a review, I am slow. I don't review all the books I've read because I get lazy and tired... it should stop!
Life In General Resolutions
- Less Facebook: My biggest goal for this year, my most major resolution. Seriously, I am addicted to Facebook. I need to try and train myself to only be on Facebook 3 hours or less.
- Exercise: I sometimes do this... not often, but not barely either. I get lazy but I should stop being lazy!
- Eat healthy: I'm actually already doing this... I'm on an extremely, scientific strict diet so hopefully, I'll just keep it up.
- Spend more time with family: Since I'm so addicted to the computer, Facebook, Twitter, I barely spend time with family anymore. Well, I do, but it's not a big amount of time.
- Study harder: I study hard, but not hard enough to earn me a solid A. I'm going to definitely try and maximize my study time!
- Keeping my room clean: My room is always a mess... books, clothes, homework, notebooks, etc... are always cluttered everywhere. I hope to clean my room more often and be more organized!
- Stop being mean to my younger sister: My sister and I fight a lot! And when I think about it, I always end up feeling guilty, so, even though it's going to be tough, I will try my very best to be nice to her at all times. (This probably won't happen, but, hey, it's worth a try.)
- Manage stress: I have very low tolerance when it comes to stress. I always am panicked and worried about everything, which shouldn't be the case.
- Sleep earlier: OMG. A big goal of mine. I always sleep late and I never get back my sleep. I sleep late because I'm busy on Facebook or Twitter, or blogging. It depends. But I should stop and use my sleeping time properly!
- Volunteering should be more often: In school, we have a lot of service trips on Saturday, in which we go help villages, schools, or charities! I barely go to them and I will hopefully go more often.
That is a lot of resolutions and goals for the year of 2011! I will try really hard to achieve as much as I can. Am really looking forward to this exciting and prosperous new year.
What are your 2011 New Year's Resolutions?