Blogger Blooms (6)

Saturday, January 15, 2011 |
'Blogger Blooms' is a highlight of some book blogs that 'bloom' to me and stand out. These blogs are mainly young adult and the owner of the blogs are pretty awesome (so is their blog). A question is given to each blogger and they answer with a short paragraph.

Question: What do you like about blogging?
(I told them they couldn't answer 'everything')



What? I can't say everything?! hahaha Actually, I got into blogging after leaving public school as a curriculum director. I also use to teach reading and writing to upper elementary and middle school students. I missed the book talks, the recommendations, the look in someone's eyes when you turned them onto a good read. I still work in education, but not the daily face to face interaction, so blogging was a God send to still talk books and get recommendations out there. I love it when someone asks me out of nowhere what I would recommend if they want this or that, or get excited about a book from one of my reviews. Plus,with blogging, I get to know the authors and do interviews as well. My realm of reading has broadened with the blog, and all the great bloggers and writers I've gotten to know and just gush over books with has been amazing. Blogging has given me an online book family, so I would say that's what I like most about blogging.



Definitely meeting other bloggers out there who share the same passion for books as I do. It's a great community to be a part of! I've made some amazing friends because of blogging and am so grateful for that. Plus, bloggers and book lovers have the BEST book recommendations! :D

What do you like about blogging?

4 comments:

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

I agree -- bloggers are an awesome community! =D

Anonymous said...

Me too! Agree that is :-D Bloggers are awesome!

Lena1xoxo said...

Thanks for having me on your blog, Mavie. Bloggers are the BEST!!! :D

~The Book Pixie said...

I'm following Lena but don't think I've heard of the other blog and will definitely check it out.

And yes, I'd have to agree the blogger community and people are totally the best part of book blogging. :D

~Briana

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home