Wish by Alexandra Bullen

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 |

Title: Wish
Author: Alexandra Bullen
Pages: 336 (hardcover)
Publisher: Point
Publication Date: January 1, 2010
Source: Author & Publisher

Overall:Photobucket

For broken-hearted Olivia Larsen, nothing can change the fact that her twin sister, Violet, is gone... until a mysterious, beautiful gown arrives on her doorstep. The dress doesn't just look magical; it is magical. It has the power to grant her one wish, and the only thing Olivia wants is her sister back.

With Violet again by her side, both girls get a second chance at life. And as the sisters soon discover, they have two more dresses-and two more wishes left. But magic can't solve everything, and Olivia is forced to confront her ghosts to learn how to laugh, love, and live again.
With a fun mix of romance, friendship, and magic, Wish is a cute and light fairytale that will attract more on to the younger side of young adult. The premise is interesting which had captured me to read this story.

Even though Wish had a very delightful premise, the writing nor the plot line was not that great. The writing and the plot line, especially in the beginning of the story never hooked me and didn’t capture my attention. The writing felt a bit insipid at times in the story and there was nothing much going on.

The insecurities of Olivia made me think twice about her personality. Her personality was just like vanilla ice cream… bland, plain, and boring. I understand that her sister died but she should at least try to do something about it, instead, all she did was feel sorry for herself. Luckily, as the book progressed, some of her personality starts to unfold.

Wish is an enjoyable, quick read, but nothing really was that special nor had sparked my interest. If you’re looking for something quick and endearing, then, definitely check this out.

Cover::Photobucket
Ending:Photobucket
Characters:Photobucket
Plot:Photobucket
Writing:Photobucket

3 comments:

Reading Mind / The Loyal Book said...

Mmmm...the plot seems nice, simple and enjoyable...maybe my teenage cousing will like it, but I don't know if it's really my kinda of book

Stephanie Pellegrin said...

I agree. I liked it enough to finish, but nothing really screamed at me, you know?

~The Book Pixie said...

Well excuse me but I happen to really like vanilla ice cream, thank you very much. :P I'm still undecided about this one but think I may still give it a try. Excellent review girl. :D

~Briana

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home