Sneaking Around Goodreads (12)

Thursday, March 31, 2011 |
'Sneaking Around Goodreads' is a showcase of a few books in which is found from Goodreads.com. Each book is talked about briefly, usually about the cover and the plot. Books posted on here are books that are on my wish-list and my 'i-want' list. All of the books are pre-released.


The Beginning of After by Jennifer Castle
September 6, 2011 - HarperTeen
Sixteen-year-old Laurel's world changes instantly when her parents and brother are killed in a terrible car accident. Behind the wheel is the father of her bad-boy neighbor, David Kaufman, whose mother is also killed. In the aftermath of the tragedy, Laurel navigates a new reality in which she and her best friend grow apart, boys may or may not be approaching her out of pity, overpowering memories lurk everywhere, and Mr. Kaufman is comatose but still very much alive. Through it all, there is David, who swoops in and out of Laurel's life and to whom she finds herself attracted against her better judgment. She will forever be connected to him by their mutual loss, a connection that will change them both in unexpected ways.
Thoughts: Look... at... that... cover... I am speechless.


Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday
October 1, 2011 - HarperTeen

DEADLY COOL, in which a sixteen-year-old finds out that her boyfriend was cheating on her with the president of the chastity club; when she goes to confront the cheaters, she finds the girl dead instead and now must solve the murder.







Thoughts: Premise seems very interesting. I'm starting to like young adult mysteries, too! Very beautiful cover!




You Are My Only by Beth Kephart
October 25, 2011 - Egmont USA

Emmy Rane is married at nineteen, a mother by twenty. Trapped in a life with a husband she no longer loves, Baby is her only joy. Then one sunny day in September, Emmy takes a few fateful steps away from her baby and returns to find her missing. All that is left behind is a yellow sock. Fourteen years later, Sophie, a homeschooled, reclusive teenage girl is forced to move frequently and abruptly from place to place, perpetually running from what her mother calls the “No Good.” One afternoon, Sophie breaks the rules, ventures out, and meets Joey and his two aunts. It is this loving family that opens Sophie’s eyes, giving her the courage to look into her past. What she discovers changes her world forever…
Thoughts: I am so coveting this one! It's Beth Kephart!


What have you been sneaking around Goodreads lately?

6 comments:

~The Book Pixie said...

You Are My Only is on my wishlist but I think this is the first time I've seen the other two and will need to add those. :D

~Briana

Midnyte Reader said...

The first one and the third one look interesting to me.

Chapter Chicks said...

Those all have awesome covers, and sound really good! Thanks for putting them on my radar!

Zombie Girrrl said...

The first cover is gorgeous! If I were to write a book, I'd want it to be that pretty.

Lena1xoxo said...

Doesn't the cover (and title) of The Beginning of After remind anyone of The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer? LOL.

I've never heard of any of these, but they sound great. I'm adding them to my list! :)

jayme said...

They all sound so good!

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home