Bad Taste in Boys by Carrie Harris

Monday, August 15, 2011 |

Bad Taste in Boys by Carrie Harris

Pages: 201
Format: Hardcover
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Publication Date: July 12, 2011
Source: Publisher

Overall:Photobucket

Someone's been a very bad zombie.

Kate Grable is horrified to find out that the football coach has given the team steroids. Worse yet, the steroids are having an unexpected effect, turning hot gridiron hunks into mindless flesh-eating zombies. No one is safe--not her cute crush Aaron, not her dorky brother, Jonah . . . not even Kate!

She's got to find an antidote--before her entire high school ends up eating each other. So Kate, her best girlfriend, Rocky, and Aaron stage a frantic battle to save their town. . . and stay hormonally human.
Despite the fact that I'm not the biggest fan of zombies, Bad Taste in Boys is definitely an exception! With it's hilarious and charming characters, Bad Taste in Boys is a refreshing read from the typical dark and serious paranormal novels. The novel is zombie-packed along with romance and paranormal put together.

Harris's writing kept me rapt within her high school atmosphere of zombies until the very last page. There was a great mix of zombies, romance, and paranormal. The romance and love interest in the story was well-balanced. It did not over dominate the plot of the story; it was just light, not too serious, and didn't have much sizzle. Despite that, it was still very sweet and endearing.

Kate's personality was so relatable, that's what got me to like her even more. She was so utterly intelligent and had me laughing at times. Her voice was so real and honest. She was that type of girl who always took charge. Also, her slight obsession with Aaron, a football quarterback was realistic and very cute too. And then there's Jonah, Kate's brother! He was just awesome… too awesome. He was always trying to help protect Kate. Even though he was quite dorky, he still had a great sense of humor! I loved the sibling relationship between Kate and Jonah!

Readers who enjoy zombies are sure to love this, and even readers who aren't such big fans of zombies (like me!) will still enjoy Bad Taste in Boys. It's full of awesome.

3 comments:

Cinnamon (A Thousand Little Pages) said...

I love the sugar-encrusted lips on the cover:). And thanks for the review. I must pick this up to feed my zombie addiction.

Lisa_Gibson said...

The cover is awesome! I can't wait to read this one. It's high on my list now. :)
Lisa ~ YA Literature Lover

Rachel Brooks said...

This book is on my TBR list. I've heard such great things about it!

Also, I’m a new follower—wonderful blog! Stop by my blog and follow me too? :) http://rachelbrookswrites.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home