Author Interview: Tracy Lynn

Thursday, August 6, 2009 |


This is my first author interview on this blog, so I decided to interview Tracy Lynn, I was so happy that I interviewed her, her story ONE OF US from GEEKTASTIC is one of the best anthologies in the book!

What inspired you to become a writer?

I've always wanted to write... For as long as I've been able to write! Along the way, certain books and authors inspired nd pushed me to continue. Lloyd Alexander's The Book of Three, Ray Bradbury, Thomas Hardy... And I had a really good teacher in elementary school who had me write stories and bind them into books. She showed me what was possible.

Did you always want to write about Geeks?

ONE OF US is a story I have wanted to write since I was 13. I've always thought a 'crossover' of the two cultures would be funny. There's at least one 'geek' in each of my books... In Rx, it's the character Meera.

Is GEEKTASTIC your first anthology?

Yep! But hopefully not the last...

How did it feel like collaborating with other authors from GEEKTASTIC?

We didn't exactly collaborate, though of course Holly and Cecil worked with me to make ONE OF US a better story. Great editors, both of them. I had only met about half the writers before the project. But the book launch party was a great reunion...or convention. :) It was a lot of fun to meet everyone, bowl (it was at a bowling alley), and talk about our writing.

What do you see as your strengths and weaknesses as an author?

I'm still a little young. That's a weakness--my writing needs a bit more depth and maturity. Every year I can feel myself improving, but the subtler nuances and aspects of human life are just entering into my work. Another big weakness is impatience. I want to throw the words up on the page and have it be perfect. And they're not! They need time, editing, and reflection.
I think my strengths include dialogue and humor. I'm pretty good at those.

Lastly, Do you have any upcoming books or anthologies?

Argh! Not soon enough! My agent is 'shopping around' a fantasy series about one of my favorite subjects--and my college major--Ancient Egypt. And I'm dipping my toes into the world of graphic novels... But I just had a baby and things have slowed a little bit for the last few months. :) They will pick up again real soon...

In the meantime, read my backlist! :) Rx and Snow!

Thanks so much Tracy Lynn, I appreciate it! Thanks for using some time for this interview :-)

Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Briana said...

Awesome! :)

-Briana

Mavie said...

Thanks! Tracy Lynn was so nice to me as well as Danielle Joseph! :)

SerieslyReady said...

That was a really good interview. I love reading author interviews. Maybe I'll be able to conduct on of my own in the future. Good job.

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home