My Invented Life by Lauren Bjorkman

Wednesday, November 4, 2009 |

Title: My Invented Life
Author: Lauren Bjorkman
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co. (BYR) (September 29, 2009)
Pages: 240
Reading Level: Ages 14 and up.

With Roz and Eva everything becomes a contest—who can snag the best role in the school play, have the cutest boyfriend, pull off the craziest prank. Still, they’re as close as sisters can be. Until Eva deletes Roz from her life like so much junk e-mail for no reason that Roz understands. Now Eva hangs out with the annoyingly petite cheerleaders, and Roz fantasizes about slipping bovine growth hormone into their Gatorade.

Roz has a suspicion about Eva. In turn, Eva taunts Roz with a dare, which leads to an act of total insanity. Drama geeks clamor for attention, Shakespearean insults fly, and Roz steals the show in Lauren Bjorkman’s hilarious debut novel.


My Invented Life was a fun, laugh-out-loud novel! It was a hilarious book that I'm sure all you guys will enjoy. The characters were well developed, the plot was almost perfect, the premise was great. Lauren did a fantastic job.

The plot was almost flawless. There were tid-pits that needed to be fixed but otherwise it was a great plot. Something that covered and conquered those tid-bits was Bjorkman's writing. It's so hilarious and she can make you laugh by just with her writing.

Another thing that I liked was how she made this book relatable to us readers. It had a lot of teen issues and I could connect to what was happening since I'm a teenager. Everything was believable which I enjoyed.

I actually adored all the characters in this novel. Some had very different personalities with the other characters. Roz was the main character in the book. She's those dreamers. She loves imagining, there were so many things going on her head. While, her sister Eva, had been dating this boy called Bryan, who I thought was a nice addition to the story. I did not understand why Eva would actually like him because, well, he's those normal boys, nothing is so great about him. Andie was also another add in to the story, as well as Nico. It was fun reading all of these teenagers adventure throughout the story.

Overall, I do recommend you guys read My Invented Life. It's such a fun, laugh out loud novel, that I hope you guys will be laughing your head off!

Cover: Photobucket.4

Ending: Photobucket

Writing: Photobucket

Overall: Photobucket

*Thanks to Lauren and her publicist for sending me a review copy!

3 comments:

Donna Gambale said...

Thanks for the review! With every one I read, I want to read this more and more.

Eleni said...

Great review babez!

brizmus said...

An almost flawless book that will have me laughing my head off - I really can't wait to read this one!

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home